Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Friday, June 08, 2007

TIME FOR SHORTS :) :)

Yes, yes, yes...We left Aurora, CO for Salina, KS..and then on down to Laredo, TX, warmer temps!!! I'm afraid maybe too warm for Ricky.. then he'll freeze me with the air cond. I can't find a happy medium. O.K. so we left CO and didn't make it very far. We stopped at the first truck stop, cause we didn't have to be at Salina till 12:30 Friday, and got a good lunch and a warm shower. Theeennn we went outside, and the wind was blowing like a son of a gun. Filled my shoes and eyes with sand and dirt and hurt like heck. Left to start on our way to Kansas, we were hoping that if we could get on out of CO it would be better in Kansas, we were very wary. The high winds and gusts were bad. Got out on the interstate and before we got to the next exit Ricky decided it was not safe. We were pulling an empty trailer. Took the very next exit and grabbed the shoulder, thankfully it was wide, we joined trucks that were already there. Trucks had started pulling into the truck stop we were leaving, and talking about the wind on the C.B. but Ricky had to get the feel of the wind for himself. We stayed till 1:00 in the morning, the wind finally died down,ggeeeeezzzz, so then we had a nice safe drive on into Salina. :) We are being loaded now with light bulbs bound for Mexico, and warmer temps :) :) Did get our showers, I'll get our laundry done down in Laredo at the terminal Sunday, I guess. Ricky just pulled the truck up from the dock, so, that is my hint to get my stuff put away for the trip. Time for me to log off for now....

Don't know how far we'll get today..don't have to be in Laredo till Sunday...till then Living our Dream...Belinda

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kids, glad to see you've finally made a tour through the west. Reading your blog sure brings back memories of our travels. Also, it brings on the urge to jump in the vehicle and head out to the wild blue yonder. Thanks for keeping us updated. Hardly a week goes by at square dance that someone doesn't ask if I've heard from you. Stay safe and have fun Living your Dream. Best Regards, Clint

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I just got caught up on your blog! I will make sure I start checking it again regularly. Of course I enjoy your phone calls when you are giggling too! Glad you are having fun. Hope to see you again soon!
Love, Kelly

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home