Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Friday, August 10, 2007

TOGETHER AGAIN

Well, it's been a while, so here's catch up.... Ricky went to Waukegan, IL and delivered the Laredo load, without me.. then he went to Pocahontas, IL and then to Atoka, OK, and then to Tulsa, OK, and then to St. Louis, MO, and then to Joplin, MO, finally getting to come home. It was Saturday, August the 4th, our 34th anniversary. So I left home to meet him at the yard (with card and a rose in hand) and bring him home. By the time we loaded the car with all the stuff we needed to take home, it was about noon, so we opted to go to the Chinese restaurant, we now call our favorite, to eat lunch and then go home. The food was great, and we were full, so for our anniversary supper we decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and have some fun, had a few drinks, ate some wings, and played trivia games. Our daughter, Kelly took us to the one in Ohio and introduced us to this new treat, and I kinda liked it alot. We'll have to take our friends, Charlie and Anita, to do this when we go back home. We had a nice visit and supper with them on Monday before we came back to work.
Had a great time with my Cody and Emily while I was home. They had sleep overs with their Mamue and we played games. Cody wanted to live with me and just let his mom and dad visit.. : ) I told him they would miss him too much, that he could call me any time he wanted and could visit me next time I came home. I went to O'Reilly's for a visit with my friends at the warehouse, I didn't have time to go to my stores this trip.. I'll have to make them my next trip.. not enough time to get all I want to done sometimes... : (
We came back to the truck Wednesday night to get all the stuff put back in.. Ricky had a bout with a kidney stone on Tuesday, but hasn't passed it yet... : ( Hopefully it won't cause him any real trouble. He has had too many of these in the last few years.. I hate to see him in pain that I can't help him with.
We got a dispatch on Thursday morning to pick up at 3:00pm there in Joplin to go to Cheyenne, Wy for a Saturday delivery. Got loaded and took off, stopped just south of Kansas City, to keep from hitting the 5:00 traffic. Went on through a couple of hours later with no problem. Decided to stop just over the Iowa line for the night. Got a good nights sleep..even though there was thunder and lightening going on about 3 in the morning along with the rain. Left this morning and stopped just once at Gothenburg, NE and visited a sod house museum across the street from the truck stop, was very interesting...we didn't have time to really see all the pictures and information that they had so we plan to stop there again some day. They have a Pony Express station there too that we would like to see. Our final stop for the night is just a few miles from our morning delivery, we got here with time to catch up on the computers and get a shower, so we will be good and rested for our day tomorrow.
We got a preplan on our way here.. : ) yesssssssss. We will go to Arizona after we pick up a load here in Cheyenne tomorrow evening. We are hoping we can plan it out where we don't have to run in the dark, since we haven't been south of Denver in CO or to Arizona together. I'd really like to be able to see the scenery.
OK so there it is. You are caught up... : ) Will try to be better this time we're out and post more often.

Dreamin our Dream...Belinda and Ricky

1 Comments:

Blogger J.T. said...

Hope you enjoy your ride into AZ. I live in the Phoenix area and there are several different areas to AZ. Not a Kansas at all. Be interesting what part of AZ you go to and how you get there.

J.T.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home