Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Monday, November 06, 2006

CROWDER COLLEGE DAY 8
Yep, day 8. I know it's only the 6th day of school time, but we are keeping logs straight thru. I went home for the weekend, but to demonstrate to us how the hours of service "HOS" work, we have been instructed to not use reset time and to keep the 70 hour rule running. You see after 70 hours of "on duty" time within an 8 day period, you can no longer drive a commercial vehicle. As the days drop off, you can pick up a few hours each day until a qualifying rest period has been taken. After a 34 hour break, you then start over with 70 availible hours to drive.
On this Monday, we had a quiz on the logs and hours of service and I just got in a hurry and flat out missed two of my questions. Yeah, they were very obvious, but I missed em anyway and ended up with only a 92 score on this first of three tests that will make up our class time score. The class time score will be 1/3 of our final score. If I remember correctly skills test is 1/3 and pretrip test is 1/3. I really need to study more for the pretrip as it requires a lot of memory to name all the items that must be inspected before a truck can be driven for the day.
Today we also left campus to go terrorize the citizens again. I happened to be sitting in the drivers seat as the instructor waved us down to go on the road trip, so I was first to demonstrate some of the things we shouldn't do. LOL Everyone else gets to learn from the first guys mistakes. I really did very well I think with the exception of forgetting which is my left and wanting to go to my other left. hehehe, but I do that a lot also when Belinda and I are dancing, so there's nothing new with that goof up.
Today we also started learning to angle back. This is to prep us for tomorrow when we will start learning to back into a dock. Now we are beginning to get into the meat of the operation and things will be very very busy for the next two and half weeks. Our last week is already a bit short since we must finish up before Thanksgiving holiday.

Still dreaming and liking it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home