Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT

Sorry,.. it's not tomorrow.. : ( I'm afraid it's Tuesday.. I didn't get around to posting like I promised. We've been in a sleep and drive rut until we got this last load delivered. Left Colorado and made it onto Nebraska, and tried to get to sleep so we could do a 2:30am get up. The noisyest trucks in Nebraska were parked in this truck stop. Drove me crazy trying to make myself go to sleep. Ricky wasn't in the mood to go on to bed either, so it was a rough, short night. Got on up to get to Davenport, Iowa for our delivery. Omaha was a lot bigger than we expected, but we flew right through there, Des Moines wasn't so bad either. Got on into our delivery with out any trouble, ( I'm so PROUD of Ricky : ) We had gotten a note on the Qualcom to do a PM, Preventive Maintenance, ( I had to ask, : ) So over to the Speedco we went when we left, that was gonna do it for our hours, and it was right by the Iowa 80 truckstop. Got business took care of and off for our break. Got laundry and showers done and off to bed. Ricky had to go back on the board at 2:00am, so we needed to catch up on sleep in case we had to run. We wouldn't have but 3 hours, but you never know. Anyway, we didn't get a dispatch till later and it picks up in the morning and we will have had our 34 reset. That's a plus. So we will be off to Illinois and then Houston. Our son, Daniel and his wife, Tricia live in Houston, and this next weekend is their 8th anniversary, hopefully we will get in a visit with them. : )
My Jenn called and our grandson Cody got his transfer approved to go to the elementary school our daughters went to and I was treasurer for the PTA there for 5 years. We are so HAPPY. The secretary there is a good friend of mine, and I know she will keep an eye on him for me. He went to preschool there last year and loved it. My Jenn is a great mother and I know will be an asset to the school too. I was there so often my jeep is painted on the wall by the office in a mural of the front of the school. : )
Our Kelly is moving to Indiana and I think Holly is planning to move in with her and Brian for a while and go to school there. The girls are good for each other, if Holly will listen to Kelly like she should. All our kids are close and that is a comfort to me. I know if something happens to me and daddy, they will be there for each other. Kelly and Brian were in town last week and took all them, Jay,Jenn,Cody,Emily, and Holly out to eat and they had a great time. Cody really liked them cooking the food in front of them. He wants to go back. : )
Guess I'll close for now. Will get back to catch you up when I can....no time promises : )

Dreamin our Dream...Belinda and Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home