Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006


CROWDER COLLEGE DAY 9
Today's class was spent mostly watching some films concerning safe driving techniques, night driving, emergency manuvers, and effects of speed and space needed to stop.We then went to the trucks and started our 45 degree dock backing. Robert Castillo (CFI recruiter) provided luch and explained a bit about CFI to entice others to join us.Back to the trucks and more dock backing. Just look at that concentration in my face as I watch the mirrors. That is some serious backing!!! LOL I am making myself get out of the truck at least 3 times and often more to build good habits. All that climbing down and back into the truck has me somewhat sore in the legs. The clutch leg is begining to feel better though as it gets stronger from all the clutch work.I think tomorrow brings another road trip and more much needed backing practice. I did get in a little range practice with up and down shifting and did very well today. My goal is to grind no gears. Actually, I did grind a time or two, but compared to a week ago, I look like a pro. :)

Living the Dream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home