Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Day 11 Crowder College
Again, two hours of class time... General discussion, Load Securment, Driving strategies, and HOS.
Do you see a pattern here? HOS is very important. Seems we have hours of service discussions every day. I think we will have better knowledge of the HOS rules then most average drivers on the highway today.
We also had another road trip. This one was called the water plant trip since it went out by Neosho water works is my guess. But I was so busy watching the road, the trailer, the traffic, the gauges, and listening to my instructor for direction that I never saw the water plant. The trip went mostly well and I lost the gear only one time this trip that I can remember. LOL So I learned a bit more on gear recovery and tried to learn to relax a bit more. It gets a little easier each time out of our protected range and soon we will leave the nest and fly on our own.
No pictures of me today, but here is one of my new friend Turtle Bob from California with the truck we took on road trip today.


Living the Dream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home