Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Monday, November 20, 2006

CROWDER COLLEGE DAY 22

WARNING WARNING WARNING
You may want to pull your wives and children off the roads. It appears that they are going to allow me to obtain a Commercial Driving License and pilot a big rig all over this country.
Today we took the driving and skills portion of our state required testing. I was the second person to do the backing skills. It was ugly and I PASSED. "That's all I got to say about that." I then moved over to the where the state required pre trip inspection test was being given. I only missed a couple of items out of 105 and scored 103 on this test. I then waited my turn and took my road skills test after lunch. You start off with zero and can lose up to 25 points before failing this test. I scored 13. I was told that the average runs between 9 and 15, so I performed ok with this. Over all I am pleased that I have passed all tests and will get my CDL, but I am personally disappointed in my performance. I know I can do better than what I showed the testers. I am really glad that this day is over. I didn't think my nerves would get to me like they did today. I am just now winding down and it's been several hours since testing ended. I will now take the skills that I have learned here and work my best to improve them and become one of the safest drivers on the road. My goal is to begin and end my career with NO accidents or tickets.
Tomorrow those of us committed to CFI will go out with a representative from CFI to learn the Smith system of defensive driving. This will be an all day event. So my days at Crowder College are now coming to a close and My new career will be underway.

Living the Dream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home