Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Monday, November 13, 2006

DAY 15 CROWDER COLLEGE
I made it through this day with a very sad heart. My mother passed from this earth about 8pm last night. This was not unexpected news as mother has been in very poor health for the past few years. It is still very hard to handle losing the one who loves you unconditionally and has always been there for you.
My instructors have assured me they will help me catch back up if I take a few days off to attend mothers funeral. I decided to stay in class today and go home tonight. Belinda and I will leave at 5am in the morning to make the trek to south Lousianna to share closure with the rest of my siblings and family.
Today, my instructors took a little extra time to set me up a little in advance to prepare me for missing a couple of days.
I have extra reading to do to prepare for a final written exam coming up Friday.
Then I went on a road trip to Cassville, MO. If you have been in SW Missouri, you may relate to the hills, winding curves, and narrow highways found in the Ozarks. Driving a truck that is about 8 feet wide and pulling a 53 foot box behind you is quite challenging on these roads. AS you take a curve to the right, you must run right at the yellow line to keep the trailer from taking out signs and running off the road. Then as soon as you get through that the road turns left. Now I have to run right on the edge to keep my trailer from entering into the oncoming traffic lane.
I can tell you one thing concerning the HOS. No one will have to tell me to pull over and stop after 11 hours of driving this thing. I'll be more then ready to take my break and get some rest.
Ok, that was fun, now back to the range to practice backing. Remember I could'nt put the truck in two slots the other day. Today I learned to parallel park this beast on either the right or the left. Yes, I still need some practice, but I think I have the hang of it. I then went back to the angle dock backing area and nailed each time I attempted it. It is all coming togther now and I'll soon be out there on the big road bringing the goods to someplace near you.
I'll be back posting in a few days after I come back. Please keep me in your prayers as I make my sad trek south.

This post dedicated to my Mother
Bonnie Jean Russell
January 30, 1934 - November 12, 2006
May she forever now rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home