Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

GOD SMILED AT US
Today started out with blustery storm clouds. Severe weather watches were all over south Louisiana and Mississippi. We had drove over to Brookhaven, MS about 2 hours from where my mother was in Ferriday, LA. We drove in the rain back to Ferriday this morning. We had a lovely service where my sister spoke of mother and brought back many good memories. One of my nieces told of her experiences with mother. It also happened that she was on duty in the ER where mother was brought in. She and my sister are nurses and they got to spend the final two hours and minutes with mother as she gently left this earth.
One of my other nieces shared some good stories and then she and one of her daughters sang most beautifully as a send off. The entire service just brought peace and happiness to me for mother moving to a better place. My heart was sad and tears flowed, but I had smile on my face most of the time just knowing she was in the Lord's arms.
I had brought umbrellas, but should have put my faith in the Lord. The clouds parted and the sun came out to give us one of the most beautifull hours you could ever ask for. We had about a 25 mile trek from the funeral home to gravesite. The cemetery sits over looking an old Mississippi River oxbow lake. My mother loved to fish and this setting just seemed to be the perfect place. I know my mother is not there and rests in the arms of Jesus, but when we do go to visit, it is just perfect to sit and reflect on her life and bring back some of best memories.

She was truly Loved and we know she Loved us all. She will be missed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Garrett and Laura said...

Rick I love you!
Pete

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home