Living the Dream

Welcome to our window. Through this window you may get a glimpse of our new career. Long Haul Trucking. Belinda and I have been married 33 years and as of the start of this new life have 4 beautiful children that have left the nest. We begin this journey at midlife as we enter half a century of living and raising children. Please feel free to come back and watch us live our new dream.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

IT IS OFFICIAL

I am now a truck driver. Orientation is finished, after another half day of paper work. Somehow, I just knew when I got up this morning it would involve more paper work. But it has all been worth it. We also had a bit of training today on what paper work is required, how to use the on board computer system, and watch a couple of training films. Then it was off to get pictures made for our official ID cards.
We were then assigned our finishers and welcomed to the company.
I called my finisher and found out he is still out of state picking up a load that headed south and it will be Friday afternoon/evening before he will be here to get me on the truck. Unless something changes, I will be heading south this weekend. :)

Living the Dream

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rick! We're all so proud of you, how well you did in school and how good you went through orientation. Don't let the paperwork get you down. May you be richly rewarded in your new career. Clint

3:51 PM  
Blogger RickLynn said...

Thank you Clint and everyone else that has been following along with me as I share my experiances. I have had full support of all my family and friends and it means a lot to me.

Be sure to stay tuned. I may not update as often now, but I will try to get some good pictures along the way and let everyone know where we have been.

Ricky

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

WooHoo Congrats Dad!! We are all so proud of you :) *hugs*
The kiddo's miss you lots!

-Jenn

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home